- Gluten-Gate: The biggest news of the last week was undoubtedly the viral story of chef Damian Cardone who put up a post on March 10th on his unsecured Facebook profile stating how celiac is all in someone’s head and claiming he deliberately lied to his customers that requested gluten-free pasta and fed them regular or “high gluten flour”pasta instead. He since deleted his Facebook profile and the news has been plastered over much of the gluten-free community in addition to several traditional news outlets. If you want to read more about it,it’s easiest for you to Google “Damian Cardone”than for me to include all the links. Frankly,having wandered through his Facebook wall before he deleted his profile,he appears to be a potty-mouthed blowhard and I can’t find verification of his “chef”credentials anywhere. Still,it’s a strong reminder that every time someone with a food allergy or intolerance or celiac eats away from home,they put their health in the hands of someone else. Just pray that it’s someone who will do their best on your behalf.
- Gluten-Free Labeling Summit:On May 4th in Washington,DC,there is a summit to demand finalization of labeling standards for Gluten-Free food. This was tasked to the FDA over four years ago and the mandate has still not been fulfilled. This has sparked the 1in133 movement which you can read more about on their website. I’ll be making a donation and adding the banner to this site shortly.
- Coconut Lemon Sugar Cookies from Chef Jess on ATX Gluten-Free.
- Curried Onion Bisque with Ghee from Karen on Cook 4 Seasons.
- Gluten-Free Pot Pie Crust from Becca on The Daily Dietribe.
- Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Bread from Becca on The Daily Dietribe.
- Spring Mint Salad from Becca on The Daily Dietribe.
- Quinoa Pizza Heaven from Becca on The Daily Dietribe.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cookies from Dorothy on Giddy Up Gluten-Free.
- Gluten-Free Lemon Bar from Mike on Gluten-Free Blog.
- Pressure Cooker Quick &Easy Chicken Soup from Ellen on Gluten-Free Diva.
- Roasted Tofu with Dipping Sauce from Shauna and Danny on Gluten-Free Girl.
- Asparagus with Maple Tahini Dressing from Karina on Gluten-Free Goddess.
- Gluten-Free Pineapple Coconut Muffins from Karina on Gluten-Free Goddess.
- Chicken Breasts with Garlic Sauce from Linda on Gluten-Free Homemaker.
- Grandma Belyea’s Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies from Aunt Jayne on Aunt Jayne’s Blog.
- Gluten-Free Impossible Chicken Pot Pie from Aunt Jayne on Aunt Jayne’s Blog.
- Easy Poached Chicken with Lemon,Rosemary and Quinoa from Taylor on No Grain,No Pain.
- Gluten-Free Maple Cornmeal Pancakes from Lynn on Lynn’s Recipe Adventures.
- Razzi’s Pizzeria in Seattle,WA was reviewed by myself.
- Las Palomas in Westlake Hills,TX was reviewed by Chef Jess on ATX Gluten-Free.
- Gluten-Free on a Shoestring by Nicole Hunn was reviewed by Rachel on The Crispy Cook. (I need to buy this book,I think.)
- Gluten Toxicity:The Mysterious Symptoms of Celiac Disease,Dematitis Herpetiformus and Non-Celiac Gluten-Intolerance by Shelly L. Stuart,R.N.,B. Sc. N. was reviewed by Linda on Gluten-Free Homemaker. NOTE:The author has offered a copy as a giveaway. Please see the link for details on how to enter.
Please be sure to let me know of bloggers or sites I should follow that are not on my list to the right. I’m always on the hunt for new information and recipes.