Just to note a couple of changes this week –one being that I am (obviously) reformatting this blog. The first attempt was a slap something up as temporary housing but I need something cleaner and less cramped. We’ll see how this effort goes and it may take a while to settle in as I don’t have a ton of time to devote to it. The other is that I am finding some great naturally gluten-free recipes and including those in the weekly round-up as well as the ones from dedicated gluten-free bloggers and chefs.
The Recipe section is so large I may attempt to break it out into sub-categories next week to make it easier to look through.
- Genius Gluten-Free Bread is supposed to become available in the US and Canada in June due to a partnership with Glutino Food Group. This is a popular UK gluten-free bread and I’m looking forward to being able to try it. News courtesy of Triumph Dining.
- New Planet Beer (gluten-free) is now available for online ordering. News courtesy of Erin at Gluten-Free Fun.
- Mike’s Lite Hard Lemonade and Mike’s Lite Cranberry Lemonade were announced as gluten-free but they still use a malt (barley and rye) base with special filtration. I think the jury is still out on this one and I have seen several people who report a gluten reaction to it so I’d say tread with care if you choose to try it.
- The US Potato Board has created a called Potatoes Goodness Unearthed that has more than 80 gluten-free potato recipes on it. News courtesy of Kimberly at Celiac-Disease.com.
- Cafe Amaltas,the first gluten-free restaurant in Delhi,India has opened. News courtesy of Emily K. at Triumph Dining.
- Carrot and Rosemary Soup from Kathleen at Kathleen Flinn.
- Cabbage and Chicken Stir Fry from Kathleen at Kathleen Flinn.
- Coffee Cake Muffins from Nicole at Gluten-Free on a Shoestring.
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry from Linda at The Gluten-Free Homemaker.
- Salsa Chicken Tacos (slow-cooked) from Amy at Simply Sugar &Gluten-Free.
- Baby Fruit Tarts,GF from Lisa at Gluten-Free Canteen.
- Chipotle Fish Tacos from Chef Jess at ATX Gluten-Free.
- Sweet Pea Juice from Amie at The Healthy Apple.
- GF “Love You”Pancakes from Julie at Goodie Goodie Gluten-Free.
- Gluten-Free Master Baking Mix from Carrie at Ginger Lemon Girl.
- Gluten-Free Pate Choux –Step-by-Step from Carol at Simply Gluten-Free.
- Gluten-Free Granola Pie Crust from Lynn at Lynn’s Recipe Adventures.
- German Pancake Baby from Nicole at Gluten-Free on a Shoestring.
- Whole Grain Gluten-Free Bread from Karina at Gluten-Free Goddess.
- GF/V/DF Brownie Cakes from Julie at Goodie Goodie Gluten-Free.
- Lemon Snickerfools,GF from Lisa at Gluten-Free Canteen.
- Vegan Teff Almond Butter Cookies Sandwiched with Ice Cream from Amy at Simply Sugar &Gluten-Free.
- Asparagus Quinoa Salad from Valerie at City Life Eats.
- Coconut Lime Biscotti with Macadamia Nuts from Brittany at Real Sustenance.
- Day After Chicken Soup from ME
- Rhubarb Sage Big Crumb-le from Autumn at Autumn Makes and Does.
- Sweet &Spicy Tahini Chicken from Jayne at Aunt Jayne’s Blog.
- Foil Packet Blackfish from Pete at No Gluten,No Problem.
- Lemon Curd –Gluten and Dairy Free from Linda at The Gluten-Free Homemaker.
- Easy Pineapple Avocado Salsa from Kim at Cook It Allergy Free.
- Lemon Chia Seed Muffins from Jayne at Aunt Jayne’s Blog.
- Tahini Hummus from Jayne at Aunt Jayne’s Blog.
- Tahini Cookies from Jayne at Aunt Jayne’s Blog.
- Gluten-Free Baked Pineapple Casserole from Carrie at Ginger Lemon Girl.
- Gluten-Free Almond Truffles from Amie at The Healthy Apple.
- Crinkle Top Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Jill at Hey That Tastes Good.
- Spinach Salad from Jayne at Aunt Jayne’s Blog.
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cobbler / Hot Fudge Sauce Cake from Carrie at Ginger Lemon Girl.
- Pancetta and Edamame Salad from Fat Lazy Celiac.
- Heirloom Caprese Salad with Pear Basalmic from Brittany at Real Sustenance.
- Pistachio Pastry Cream from Carol at Simply Gluten-Free.
- Easy Gluten-Free Vegetarian Soy-Free Breakfast Burrito from Yum at Book of Yum.
- Deep Dark Chocolate Muffins from Nancy at The Sensitive Pantry.
- Minnie Beasley’s Almond Lace Cookies reviewed by Kimberly at Gluten-Free is Life.
- Gluten-Free Oats brand of Oats reviewed by Tiffany at Celiac-Disease.com.
- Cherribundi Tart Cherry Juice reviewed by Kimberly at Celiac-Disease.com.
- Rudi’s Gluten-Free Buns reviewed by Kimberly at Celiac-Disease.com.
- Pacific Natural Foods New Hearty Soup Assortment reviewed by Mike at Gluten Free Mike.
- Kozy Shack Gluten-Free Tapioca Pudding (No Sugar Added) reviewed by Mike at Gluten Free Blog.
- New Planet’s Off Grid Pale Ale reviewed by Pete at No Gluten,No Problem.
- Enjoy Life Double-Chocolate Crunch reviewed by Carrie at Ginger Lemon Girl.
- Enjoy Life Double-Chocolate Crunch reviewed by Mike at Gluten-Free Blog.
- Bai Antioxidant Infused Beverages reviewed by Kathleen at Be Free For Me.
- Conte’s Margherita Pizza reviewed by Heather of Gluten-Free Cat.
- Garden of Eatin’Chips reviewed by Kimberly at Gluten-Free is Life.
- Pamela’s Products reviewed by Linda at The Gluten-Free Homemaker (&a giveaway)
- Jaleo in Washington DC reviewed by Diane at The WHOLE Gang. (This is the restaurant of the recent Chef of the Year James Beard award winner!)
- Tropisueno in San Francisco,CA reviewed by Diane at The WHOLE Gang.
- Rouge Tomate in New York,NY reviewed by Rachel at The Gluten-Free RD.
- Mon Ami Gabi in Reston,WA reviewed by Diane at The WHOLE Gang.
- Artisinal Gluten-Free Cupcakes by Kelli and Peter Bronski reviewed by Lisa at Gluten-Free Foodies.
- Let’s Eat Out! Gluten-Free/Allergy Free Passport by Kim Koeller &Robert La France reviewed by Kimberly at Celiac-Disease.com (mobile apps also).
- Fast Food for Gluten-Free Teens brought to you by Wendy at Celiacs in the House.
- Your Pantry is the Key to Living Gluten-Free brought to you by Shirley at Gluten-Free Easily.
- Eat Well,Spend Less:Unusual (Frugal) Storage Methods brought to you by Katie at Kitchen Stewardship.
- Easy Gluten-Free Living:Tips for BBQs and Picnics brought to you by Nancy at The Sensitive Pantry.
- How to Start a Gluten-Free Diet:Handling Social Events and Traveling brought to you by Iris at The Daily Dietribe.
- Healthy Gluten-Free from Shauna at Gluten Free Girl and The Chef.
- The Gluten File –this is a website devoted to research and articles about gluten sensitivity and also has a link to the Gluten-Free and Beyond Forums. Brought to my attention by Heidi at Adventures of a Gluten-Free Mom.
- The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness is featuring a blogger a day during May,which is Celiac Awareness month. I’ve found some great new blogs to follow on their site. I probably added about ten people to the blogs I follow via RSS feed and to my Favorite Links page.